An updated guide on the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 Android Version. If you happened to update it to MIUI 7.5 but is experiencing issues and wants to revert back to MIUI 7.2.
This guide is based on the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 Converting Windows to Android version. If you have the windows 10 version and want to flash it to MIUI, go to this guide (fastboot guide to MIUI).
But if you already have MIUI or flashed already MIUI (Android) but is experiencing issues with the new update. Then follow the steps below
I also did managed to update to MIUI 7.5 (coming from MIUI 7.2) and am experiencing issues. So these are the issues that I am experiencing
- Youtube App stops working after 20 secs of playtime
- Connectivity issues
- Slowdowns and performance irregularities
Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 Android version
- Intel Atom X5-Z8500 Quad Core
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64 GB eMMC Storage
- 7.9 inch, IPS, 2048 x 1536 Retina Display
- Dual Band WiFi
What you need, if you have not installed this to your system:
- Intel Android Driver Set-up (this is the adb) – link here
- Fastboot ROM (i used this ROM now) – MIUI 7.2
- Google Play for Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 Android – link here
Follow the Steps Below
To get started you need to first download the needed files. Please refer to the Full Written guide on the description box below for the download lnks.
- You need to first make sure that Intel Android Driver Set up is installed, so that your tablet an be recognized by your computer.
- Next Download the appropriate Fastboot ROM for your Tablet, please do not experiment on other ROMs, it may brick your device.
Extract or decompress the files and then go to images and find the file name loader.efi (it will be important in the next steps)
After doing those, you need to turn off your tablet but make sure it has enough battery on it.
Ready your USB cable but don’t plugged it yet to the computer, you need to enter DNX fastboot mode on the tablet to proceed. To do this, Press the Volume up and down and the Power button keys simultaneously for 3 to 5 secs. The screen will usually alert you of the DNX fastboot mode.
Then plugged in the tablet to the computer via the USB cable.
Go to the folder of your Fastboot ROM you just downloaded, go to images. Hit Shift and right click then go to open command window here.
On the command prompt, type “Fastboot devices”, if you see a device serial number, then you can proceed to the next step. If not, you did not install the Intel Android Driver Installer. There should be a device detected before you can proceed.
On the command prompt again, type “Fastboot boot” (do not included the parenthesis) and then drag the loader.efi to the command prompt. Hit enter and then the tablet will go to fastboot mode
This step is a bit tedious, you need to be careful and follow the steps in order.
- On the command prompt again, type “fastboot flash oemvars” then drag oemvars.txt to the command prompt, hit enter then it will flash it.
Repeat these steps until you are finished. (no parenthesis) – FOLLOW in order
Drag means – Drag to command prompt
2. type “fastboot flash gpt” ——————–Drag (gpt.bin)
3. type “fastboot flash bootloader” ——— Drag (bootloader)
4. type “fastboot erase misc“
5. type “fastboot erase persistent“
6. type “fastboot erase metadata“
7. type “fastboot format config“
8. type “fastboot format factory“
9. type “fastboot format cache“
10.type “fastboot flash data” —————– Drag (userdata.img)
11. type “fastboot flash system” ————-Drag (system.img)
12. type “fastboot flash boot” —————- Drag (boot.img)
13. type “fastboot flash recovery” ———–Drag (recovery.img)
Make sure that everything is OK. no failure on the flashing process. On the command prompt again type “fastboot reboot” and your tablet will reboot now. A warning will prompt suddenly every restart, it is just a notification that the bootloader is unlocked. Press volume up and it will then reboot normally.
Now you are running MIUI 7.2 OS based on Android 5.1, remember that this is a Chinese ROM, so you need to install Playstore manually.
INSTALLING GOOGLE PLAY MANUALLY:
Installing Playstore: this guide i saw on techtablets (credits to author), and i just want to share it, i also reuploaded, just to make sure that the the files are always available.
- Download the files needed (link is provided above)
- Copy them to your tablet
- Install them in order
- GoogleServices Framwork
- After that restart your tablet 2 times (very important to work)
- Login and Register, test if it updates or if you can install and download apps