Xiaomi’s newest Mi Notebook Pro is now even faster but also takes a huge swipe at the Macbook Pro.
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8770 (clocks up to 4 GHz) – said to be 40% faster than 7th gen
- or Core i5 8250 Processors
- Dedicated GPU: Nvidia MX150
- 15.6 inch IPS 1920 x 1080p (3rd Gen Corning Gorilla Glass)
- Dual CPU Coolers
- 8 GB (up to 16 GB) Dual Channel 2400mAh RAM
- 256 GB PCIe x4 NVMe SSD
- Supports 7 integrated Ports
- Harman Infinity Custom Speakers (Dolby Atmos Equalizer)
- 2 Antenna Dual Band WiFi 802.11ac
- Fingerprint Sensor (on Touch Pad)
- 2x Fully Functional USB Type C (Charging and Video Out support)
- Weight: 1.95kg
- 60 Wh battery with 1C Quick Charge Support (50% after 35mins)
Some key features according to Xiaomi:
- Full Size Keyboard (19% larger area compared to the Macbook Pro)
- Backlit Keyboard
- Magnesium Alloy Frame
- More Ports added
Superb Notebook but still no Touch Screen?
It is rumored that the Core i5 version will bare the $900 price tag, which means, it is priced close to even a true Gaming Laptop. Like its predecessor, you are probably getting a premium Notebook. However, it is still not a Gaming Notebook, considering it only has a low end Nvidia MX150. Also worthy to mention that it still doesn’t have Touch Screen, it seems Xiaomi is keen on keeping this a pure notebook. Probably a major change change is the addition of Ports or IO’s. Also Xiaomi has advertised this to have a much bigger Keyboard Layout compared to the Macbook Pro.
There are two models to choose from, the Core i7 version will probably come out much later compared to the Core i5. Both still offers up to 256 GB NVMe SSD Storage support, which is a welcome addition.