Here are my recommended list of Ultrabooks and Tablets that offer great performance for the price this Christmas. Most of the lists are recent releases or updates that will be carried of on 2017.
Cube Mix Plus – The awaited successor to the Cube i7 Book, it now comes with a new Intel Kaby Chipset, which promises improved performance. It will also still support Wacom Stylus.
- It is the successor to the Cube i7 Book and thankfully still retains the Wacom Stylus Support
- The Intel Kaby Lake M3-7Y30 has a faster base and turbo clocked (1.6-2.6GHz) compared to (only 2.2GHz) on the Skylake Core .
- The new chipset claims to be 20-30% more efficient
- The new Intel Graphics 615 Chip is also clocked 50MHz faster
- It will come with 128 GB M.2 SATA SSD Storage, compared to only 64 GB on the Cube i7 Book
- The screen is the same SP2 (Surface Pro 2) IPS 1080p Screen, which is also Electromagnetic and readily supports Wacom Stylus.
- It has a 16:9 Aspect ratio screen, I would have expected at least 3:2 similar to the Cube i9
- Wireless AC (Dual Band WiFI) and USB 3.1
- Still is a 2 in 1 Convertible Notebook with Magnetic Pogo Pin Attachment
- Listed to come with 4300mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi Air 12 (Core M3 Skylake) – You can’t go wrong with this Ultrabook, the first entry from Xiaomi to the Notebook department, and it is beautiful. It also is all aluminum premium build, comes with fast Samsung SSD storage and a gorgeous 1080p IPS screen with Sapphire glass protection. You will also enjoy the AKG speakers underneath and probably the best Keyboard and Touchpad combination of a notebook.
- Premium design and build Quality
- Reminiscent of a Macbook Pro look
- Powered by Intel Core M3-Y630 Skylake Chip
- Good temperature management (71-72C on gaming)
- Fast SSD Storage (Samsung MZNTV128HDHP SSD )
- Decent AKG Loudspeakers, 3.5mm Audio output is great too
- One of the better 1080p IPS Screen currently available
- Dual Band WiFi 2.4/5GHz (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-8260
- Good typing experience, 1.2mm spacing and good tactile feedback and LED Backlit
- Quick Charging support (charges fully in just 90 minutes)
- Supports both USB 3.1 and USB Type C (supports external devices)
- SSD can be upgraded to M.2 SSD
- Can be used on Video Editing (but will not likely perform well on 4K test)
Xiaomi Mi Air 13.3 (Core i5) – The premium version of the Mi Air series. It comes with a bigger 13.3 inch Display with a Core i5 Dual Core Mobile Chipset and a Discreet Nvidia GPU. The notebook isn’t particularly for gaming, but compared to the Mi Air 12, it can handle most modern 3D games easily at respectable frame rates. It also doubles the memory and SSD storage of the Mi Air and can be used on more intensive tasks like Video Editing.
- The build quality is premium light and portable, it also has one of the better keyboards and touch pads available
- Powered by Intel Core i5 6200U Dual Core chip
- 8 GB RAM and 256 Samsung SSD Storage
- The Ultrabook beefed up performance and can be used on heavier tasks such as Video Editing
- Supports Expandable Storage via M.2 SATA Slot
- The AKG loudspeakers offers decent output and volume
- The Nvidia GT940 can game at a respectable 720p HD with good fps
- Good Stable Wireless connection
- Can be charged fully in just 1 hour and 28 minutes
Cube iWork1x. The first 2 in 1 Convertible Ultrabook from Cube to offer the new Intel Atom X5-Z8350 Chipset.
- 2 in 1 Convertible Ultrabook
- Powered by Intel Atom Cherry Trail X5-Z8350 Chip
- Intel HD Graphics 400
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB Storage (supports Expansion)
- 11.6 inch IPS 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Runs 64 bit Windows 10 out of the box
- USB 3.0 Support
- 8500mAh battery
Chuwi Hi10 Pro – This is actually the recent version and comes with Intel Atom Cherry Trail X5-Z8350 Chipset. It is a reboot and the only thing changed here is the new Chipset.
- 2 in 1 Convertible tablet (Magnetic Docking)
- Handwriting Stylus (same with Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Chuwi Hi10)
- Dual OS Support (Remix OS and Windows 10)
- Equipped with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB eMMC Storage
- 10.1 inch, IPS, 1200p FHD
- USB Type C Port
- 6500mAh Battery
- Upgraded version (Intel Atom Cherry Trail X5-Z8350 and Intel HD Graphics 400)
Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 Android version – Still my recommended tablet if you want great portability and an overall good multimedia device. It does come with either Android or Windows 10, but I would highly recommend getting the Android version because it is more optimized. Nevertheless, I also have a guide on how to convert it easily to Android. Probably one of the biggest asset of this Tablet is the great display, fast connectivity and speakers. It isn’t much in terms of performance, but on Android OS, everything works perfectly.
- Atom Cherry X5-Z8500, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC
- Dual Band WiFi, USB Type C
- Much smoother and better Gaming Performance
- 6 hours 17 minutes battery life (6190mAh)
- Gorgeous Retina Display
- Installs MIUI 7.2 (based on Android 5.1 Lollipop)
- Dual Band WiFi Support
- USB Type C (supports data transfer already)
- Quick Charging Support
Teclast X98 Plus 2 – It’s not the perfect clone of the iPad Air. But still, given the price and performance, it still offers great value. I had no issues with the performance, and it is a definite improvement over the last X98 Pro. There is no more overheating issue and it offers Dual OS support out of the box.
- Android/Dual OS version
- All Ports are located at the top of the tablet
- Premium Design and build quality
- Good Overall Performance
- 4 GB RAM and 64 GB
- Great Responsive Retina Display
- Supports Dual OS (quick switching supported)
- Supports Expandable storage
- USB Host OTG, Mini HDMI ouput
- Slightly improved speakers
- Great Battery life (5 hours and 53 minutes)
- Faster Charging (Dedicated 5V Charging Port)